PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Police helicopter crashes onto Glasgow pub
Old 8th Dec 2013, 09:15
rotorspeed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Winch-control

You seem to have a personal agenda against the AAIB, given, as far as I'm concerned, your unfair and probably ignorant criticism of them in both your post 746 and above. I'm sure like any other organisation there is room for improvement, but I for one feel they do an excellent job with very thorough reports.

My own view is that if there had been any obvious mechanical problem, eg a failed TRGB, it would have been found within 2 or 3 days and information of some sort provided to the 135 fleet operators already. If the AAIB has not found obvious mechanical failing then they will feel less pressure to rush to conclusions and will methodically go through what is likely to be a very complex investigation, possibly with sensitive human factors involved.

The AAIB clearly have a huge responsibility to get their report right as it is likely to have ramifications for those with some responsibility - and don't forget that in the same way that we pilots don't want to fail and be criticised nor does anyone else, be it aircraft manufacturer, operator, ATC or anyone else involved. These reports have huge significance so we must be patient.