PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Extraordinary definition of 'adequate'.
View Single Post
Old 8th Dec 2013, 01:18
broadband circuit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BAD IDEA

Open-slather naming & shaming is a very dangerous path. (No, I'm not management). As much as I hate the G day worker brigade, the risk of an incorrect accusation being levelled at an innocent individual is too high IMHO. Once a name is in the public domain, it takes a hell of a lot of retractions or evidence of innocence to clear that person's record. As an example, there were a few people wrongly accused of working in Australia in '89. Have all of them had their names cleared, both on the official record and in the minds of heir colleagues?

The "mutual exchange" system is grossly biased in the company's favour, but still pilots do swaps everyday. Just because someone had a G on their published roster today, doesn't mean they hadn't swapped it to help a friend. Maybe that friend could actually be making roster adjustments to make their life better. They might want the day off for their wife's / children's birthdays etc, requested it but did not get it.

I guess that everyone here who's called for a name and shame campaign won't work G days. Fair enough, I don't either. But I genuinely ask all of you how you would feel, as a staunch non-worker, if you were wrongly named and shamed. I know I'd be devastated.

Bad idea......