PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FBW Yoke Sensitiviy
View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2013, 17:39
Westnest

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FBW Yoke Sensitiviy

Ok chaps,

We already know that 777 first came as the FBW Narrow Body A/C with a yoke. But I was never get used to idea using the FBW without the auto-trimming, especially with a yoke.

You have a feeling of depth, bank, pitch and even the wind when using a HYD yoke(maybe not as the manual reversion but still), as when the control surface move, it moves the actuator, puts pressure and moves the yoke. At point of larger G, it becomes harder to move so it can point the limits to pilot. Thus you can have the correct trim on yoke. Airbus I suppose does this making restrictions on banking, even with non-A/P "hand flying". Trim is done automatically while in Normal and Alternate laws. Correct me if it's not exact.

But does the T7 also features that?? "Simulating" the way yoke acts in a HYD/Mechanical system, and allowing pilot to trim as its done in the "classical" way. Not just the T7, also the B748, and B787.

Also another little question, Airbus uses autothrust and there is no react on levers(as far as I know), Boeing does it in the autothrottle way and levers move. T7 has which one?