PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CPL/IR flight test costs in other European countries?
Old 7th Dec 2013, 14:13
hvogt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Contacttower

The German fees are listed in the Appendix to Section 2 Paragraph 1 of the Order Regulating Fees of the Aeronautical Administration (Kostenverordnung der Luftfahrtverwaltung - LuftkostV), which can be found here.

The list doesn't seem to be available in English, so I've briefly translated the relevant items for you below. Note that the fees for the skill tests do not include any allowance for the examiner. As far as ranges are given, it is likely the actual fee will be based on the authority's discretion. In 2010, I had to pay 160 EUR for the MEP class rating (i.e. for the skill test) and 60 EUR for entering the rating in the licence.
III. Examinations and Checks of Aeronautical and Air Traffic Control Personnel for Licences and Ratings
3. Commercial Pilots CPL(A)
a) Administration of Theory Exam: 300 EUR
b) Administration of Skill Test: 130 EUR
4. Air Transport Pilots ATP(A)
a) Administration of Theory Exam: 570 EUR
b) Administration of Skill Test: 190 EUR
13. Class and Type Ratings or Proficiency Checks: 50 to 350 EUR

14. Instrument Rating
a) Administration of Theory Exam: 310 EUR
b) Administration of Skill Test: 140 EUR
IV. Licences, Pilot Licences, Registrations and Ratings for Aeronautical and Air Traffic Control Personnel
1. Granting of Licences and Pilot Licences for Aeronautical Personnel including Class and Type Ratings to be entered concurrently: 50 to 70 EUR

3. Granting of Class and Type Ratings: 40 to 100 EUR

4. Granting of an Instrument Rating: 40 to 100 EUR

19. First Entry of Proof of Language Proficiency in Licence or Issue of seperate Certificate: 15 to 35 EUR