PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Alan's still not happy......
View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2013, 10:31
Gate_15L

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
And don't ever forget, no matter what JB says publicly, he has a deep desire to burn the Qantas board and CEO to the ground.
Ain't that the truth.. JB was definitely pi$$ed at missing out at CEO @ Qantas.. He is the personification of "Don't get mad, get even..."

If he hadn't taken the job at VA... alot of us would be out of the job right now...

It just seems Joyce just chases numbers, (well he did train as a mathematician) It's all about market share and volume to him. Everything else can go to hell in a handbasket. Now lets sell the stuff that makes us money like the FF program.... WTF?! If this was a purely low cost carrier vs low cost carrier, then yes, AJ was probably the man for the job.

Borghetti seems to be chasing a vision. He doesn't care about how big his share of the market is, just as long as that share is paying the bills and making money. It may not be making the money at the moment, but in the long run, he expects it will. i.e his implementation of GDS at VA..cost them a packet now, but in the long run secures additional revenue streams.
JB saw that low cost wasn't were it was at, radically changed things and proved to be far nimbler than Qantas could adapt. Thereby screwing the Qantas plan of ending Virgin with a straight low cost carrier slug out.

Now with Virgin with it's hand on the lowest cost fare lever in the form of 60% of Tiger, that'll pincer Jetstar.... as they seem to compete purely on price and will have to follow Tiger's lead. I'm guessing that Tiger's cost base is lower that J*s....

Yeah I'd say JB was a tad pi$$ed off....