PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Alan's still not happy......
View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2013, 10:22
Paragraph377

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Out one hand and in the other (think about it)

Folks, I hate to tell you this but in relation to AJ losing his bonus, this is merely a 'technicality'. I have personally witnessed this style of smoke and mirrors stunt more than once before. This is how it works - In one hand an executive takes a pay hit, maybe a salary cut or he forgoes a bonus. Let's make the figure (remember this is an example), $500k. So now what the board do is reconfigure his pay structure, jack up other things like sign on fees, retention fees, living away from your motherland fees, here is a hike of 1000% on your daily living fees etching etc etc. Or another crafty trick is to pay one of the executives 'other companies' (or it could be the executives mother or best friends company if you get my drift) an exorbitant consultancy fee for some pissy audit, management training course or risk managemt work. All of the above will exceed the $500k bonus the executive has forgone, in fact he will actually get more than the $500k, securing a payrise!!! Meanwhile all the staff are none the wiser, blissfully going about their business and getting rogered without even knowing it.
If you don't think this scenario is real, you need to climb out from under the rock.
In my opinion there is no way in heaven or hell that Joyce would give up a single cent. Now this is just a thought out loud of course, what would I know. But I would be willing to bet both my nuts and my stalk that if Joyce stays around his bloated lazy ass board will ensure he is 'compensated' for the bonus loss.