PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet Strikes
Thread: Easyjet Strikes
View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2013, 10:15
Alexander de Meerkat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can only echo brizzol's wise words - this is largely fantasy, driven by a tiny number of people who either did not pass the easyJet assessment or who have a personal vendetta against easyJet. There are many, many pilots working at easyJet who have a great life, are well paid, fly to great destinations and have one of the most secure jobs in aviation. I have worked there 10 years and thoroughly enjoy it. Last year we had some hacked-off cadets who went to Monarch - good luck to them. Under our New Entrant Contract, very few would go now. Other than that, with very few exceptions, the only people who leave are those going to BA or Emirates.

I work a 5/3/5/4 roster pattern - I can book a dinner party this time next year knowing I will be there. I am about to get an extra £2700 net (or £4700 into my pension) this Christmas as a performance bonus, , around £2000 in share dividends in February, £6700 in back holiday pay in March (won by BALPA - best 1% I have ever spent), a 10 year bonus paid annually in May from now on of 15% of my salary and, if the share price stays anywhere near where it is currently, around £40,000 net for a £9,000 investment 3 years ago next August. I put £125 into my Bay-as-You-Earn share account and, with the current share price, I can cash around 80+ shares in each month generating a free £1000 each month tax free. That is all in addition to my regular monthly salary. Every single UK-based pilot has those deals available. They are almost literally throwing extra money at us - it would seem churlish to refuse. Life is not all about money, but I am struggling to to see why this is such a terrible airline to work for. It is not a national carrier, but to me it is a great place to be a pilot.