PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Delta 767 runway excursion in MAD
View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2013, 09:05
slowjet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Janet Flight ; I was employed by a company that enjoyed failing people rather than training them and this actual event was a common sim exercise for Command evaluation. The tyre burst was given after V1. VR was often co-incident. So, one is aware of the fact that something happened but no indication of any problem. Aircraft flies ok & the very first call is "Pos clb" followed by response "Gear up". Then the fun starts as the Gear ,going up, wipes away lots of stuff. Pretend CA also bursts onto the intercom & tries to involve FD crew in long analasys telling them that pax are looking out of the right hand window & screaming. (I used to tell the CA that was normal on all my take-offs but the Trainers, oooops, I mean, Choppers, never laughed).

Limited hydraulics, higher weight, less than full flap, limited brakes, etc requires quite a bit of thought and discussion in the hold after take-off & before commencing approach. Did these chaps do all that ? Did they dump fuel (reduce LW to the minimum) etc etc. Very interesting. A regular feature in my company's chop rides and one where most of us said it would never happen in real ;life. It did for these chaps.