PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Minimum height for practice stall recovery in C172
Old 6th Dec 2013, 11:46
ForkTailedDrKiller

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Excuse My Limited Aerobatic Experience
Avgas172
Quote:
an inverted spin
So you stalled the aeroplane inverted..... With forward stick and rudder applied?
Methinks Avgas is confusing an inverted spin (I suspect nigh impossible in a PA28 without very deliberate control inputs and maybe a somewhat rear CofG) with an upright spin that started out with the aeroplane rolling over initially before getting itself sorted out in a conventional spin (far more likely).

But Captain, I am far too polite to say so.

I pondered this muchly when teaching myself aeros in a C150 Aerobat. Even read Neil Williams book cover to cover - before I figured out that you would have to work really hard to get an Aerobat in an inverted spin, if even possible, and even harder to keep it there.

I did, however, teach myself snap rolls - with the aeroplane in one hand and the POH in the other. The first one went really well - I only lost 1000' before I recovered from the inevitable spin and was left wondering what the hell just happened!! Fortunately I started my "lesson" at 9000'.

Dr

Last edited by ForkTailedDrKiller; 6th Dec 2013 at 13:23.