PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Air Engineer Branch
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2013, 10:30
TheChitterneFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not wishing to incriminate myself, but in an earlier life I have had the
dubious pleasure of winning certain competitions whilst on det
That must have been the "Shackleton" aftershave Grizz!

Dengue_Dude (aka Brian), good on yer for making the electronic copy. I'd appreciate a copy of it because I've lost mine in the many moves I've made around the planet.

Derek Stringman was an all around top bloke and instructor. During my own K Groundschool, he, and Derek Jeans, were both very enthusiastic C130K Ground Instructors who took great pride in their work.

As a very junior Air Eng I recall sitting in a Girlie Bar, in Berlin, where I was sat at the end of the line of five guys (Herc crew) drooling at what was going-on on-stage. After several beers some German bird, of large proportions, propositioned the skipper (in German) who, in turn, declined her offer and waived her onto the next bloke, the co-pilot. He made the same gesture and passed her onto the Nav. The Nav passed her onto the Loadie who, in turn, passed her onto me... at the end of the queue! I got led off down a corridor and up a couple of steps into a small room with a bathtub surrounded by heavy drapes. I'd got my kit off and slid into the bath; which was when the curtains opened... onto the stage! Bugger!!

TCF