PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus cadet program 2013
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2013, 07:44
FlyVeryHigh-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kudlaty,

It's very easy to go back on what you have done, and go through it with a fine tooth comb, however, the matter of the fact is, is that no matter how well you think you did, i'm sure there are areas in which you can improve.

I myself, walked out of the interview, and wanted to walk straight back in and say "Scratch that all, let me start again". I've got a great CV, and in my opinion a good personality, however, it just didn't work for Aer Lingus on the day, which is unfortunate.

I understand your frustration, and i've worked year to get the point in which I am now; and yes, when you go for something like this, it's easy to compare yourself to other applicants, but you will never know the factors in which they were successful; it could be the difference of a sentence in an interview in which they have been put ahead, you will never really know.

Use it as a learning curve, like I. You have to. These things don't come easy, and they don't just hand them out on the merit that your CV is strong, or you have a certain amount of flying hours, you have to stand out in all areas. That stuff looks great on paper, and yes it certainly does play a part, although yourself as a person does too.

Do I feel disheartened I didn't get in? Of course I do, I think most people would be lying if they said they weren't, after all, that's what we were all hoping when we applied. Although, i'm not upset. I know I wasn't the best I could be on the day, through nerves, only made worse by comparing myself to other candidates which I had only just met on assessment, which made me doubt myself, which you should never do.

Other opportunities will hopefully come around in the future, and i'm ready for them