PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vertical speed selected AIRBUS BOEING
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2013, 05:03
docromano

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I didnt want to start a new topic and my question somehow fits here I guess, so here we go:

I am a passionate simulator flyer and do not fly the real birds. Lately, a question concerning the managed mode in the A320 (or any other bus) came up.
If ATC gives you a late descent clearance , lets say 10-20 nm after T/D for whatever reason, what will the autopilot do in DES mode ? In "my" 320 it will descend as steep as it can to get back onto the profile. This means, it will even accept and perform descend rates around 7000 fpm which leads to a soon overspeed warning and and so much speed that the speedbrakes are not able to handle. I thought that the Airbus autopilot will never bring you in such situations just for getting you back on your vertical profile. I Thought the flight envelope that is supposed to protect you even from own, dangerous inputs will also do that in managed modes.

The developer of the plane tells me, this is what the bus will do. I still cannot believe it so please help me on this one:
Does the DES mode have a vertical speed limit ?