PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Alan's still not happy......
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2013, 02:12
DirectAnywhere

Received 164 Likes on 36 Posts
The problem is - who cares? And I say that as an employee.

The government is ideologically opposed to any investment in a public company. International visitor numbers wouldn't materially suffer if QF disappeared tomorrow as they play such a small role these days in the international market. There would be short term damage to the domestic economy but new capacity would move in to the Australian domestic market rapidly if QF disappeared. 30,000 taxpayers on the dole might briefly get the government's attention but apparently it's all part of the necessary pain to globalise the Australian economy ie. head towards Bangladeshi wages and conditions as it's the only way to compete.

I'm appalled with the way this has been handled. The board and executive management should all resign in shame. The fact that management still have the board's support makes me realise how disconnected from reality these idiots actually are.

PS Joyce and Strambi - it might be time to ground the airline again as, if your safety critical employees weren't distracted before, they sure as are now as they contemplate their family's future.