PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Alan's still not happy......
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2013, 01:36
V-Jet

Received 59 Likes on 29 Posts
When that $500k figure was released the comment on everybody's lips was 'surely not'. Apparently it is (or was at some stage) true, but I can promise you its not many, and I would suspect less than 5. Chief Pilot probably (one for each airline of course - keep the Kool Aid coming from someone who used to be trustworthy) and a couple more. It would not be many. Especially with our ever expanding network

In any case, there isn't a disparity of wages around the industry - and remember the $AUD is still high. Lunatic argument when $AUD is at .60 for example. Having been to a Sandpit jobs day, and speaking with friends who have gone I can say that most crew at Qf would be slightly better off if they worked at Emirates/Etihad etc. The big proviso is not living in Oz - and that is up to the individual. Staff travel, school allowances, rent allowances etc etc all make a big difference.

Comparing airline wages is difficult, very difficult. There are arguments on both sides of the fence that can make the opposite look crazy. For every $500kpa pilot in the Qf group, I can assure you there would be at least 2-3 $80-100kpa pilot. The only way to work it out is to know first hand after 6-12 months of line flying exactly what the relative positions are. Sensible discussion would leave the subject alone - too hard to work out IMHO.