PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Police helicopter crashes onto Glasgow pub
Old 5th Dec 2013, 21:34
Tandemrotor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pilotmike
It is deeply embarrassing to witness the pompous, arrogant and highly vitriolic comments made by some of the contributors who claim to be professional pilots.
There may be others, but perhaps it is I to whom you refer?

If so, perhaps the only thing you have correct is that I do indeed claim to be a professional aviator. I would have thought 33 years of military, civil, police, rotary and fixed wing would allow me to so 'claim'?

Just because I have seen all this kind of speculation many times before (and was heartily sick the first time!) should not make me pompous, nor a pain to fly with. As amateur accident investigators, some here remind me of a T shirt I once saw, which said: "Amateur Gynaecologist.... Not strictly qualified, but always happy to take a look!"

Any professionals on here should know better, because as some of us know well, one day this could be you, and it will be YOUR loved ones reading this drivel! There will be only one explanation for this tragedy. It will be regurgitated here when the real professionals announce it, but there will be little else to learn from pilots who are amateur (and mostly poor) investigators before then!

If you don't like that opinion, then I'm afraid, from someone who has seen much of these things before, that is your problem.

My only interest has only EVER been to protect my professional colleagues. When I can no longer do that, looking after their loved ones becomes the ONLY game in town. They will be here!

Bear that in mind please.