PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Alan's still not happy......
View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2013, 20:12
dragon man

Received 615 Likes on 177 Posts
I'm not sure if everybody views this a seriously as i do. I believe the window of opportunity for Qantas to survive is getting smaller by the day. Firstly, the board by backing Joyce are saying we will all go down together. Instead of doing the correct thing and getting rid of him they are indicating that they know that if Joyce goes that as they have backed him and his strategies that they also must go. Secondly, by selling either Jetstar or the frequent flyer scheme, the books would be opened up especially if it was via a float a major accounting firm would have to sign off on the prospectus. Problem, in the case of Jetstar the truth would finally be revealed as to how much the parent was subsidising it and with the frequent flyer scheme the truth would be revealed as to what they pay for the seats they redeem on Qantas flights. I believe it is around about 50% of retail. Can i see a train wreck coming? Yes? Joyce and the board are liike a rabbit caught in the headlights. They are stunned. The aaaammmazzing management team dont know what to do.