PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - War in Australia (any Oz Politics): the Original
Old 5th Dec 2013, 19:55
Andu

Not even thinly disguised Young Labor organisation GetUp! has a petition running to save "our" ABC, while at the other end of the scale, there's this petition Review of the ABC Petition also running demanding an inquiry. I suspect there'd be a few here who'd like to add their names to one of those petitions, perhaps more to the second one than to the GetUp! one.

Fleigs, your outrage sounds (to me at least) an awful lot like the apparent outrage of many of the hacks in the MSM and virtually everyone at the ALPBC who simply cannot seem to accept that the Labor Pardee is no longer in government. (Notice that I didn't say "running the country"? Because I don't think they ever were, unless you substitute an "i" for the first "n" in the verb in that last sentence.)

Some politician said a long time ago that it's all in the numbers. If you don't have the numbers, you get nothing done. I can live with the Libs doing deals with the Greens if the end result is positive (or what I consider to be positive) for the country. Virtually every deal Labor did with those same Greens, in my opinion, was negative in the extreme for the country, (although, as has been noted above, Julia Gillard might not have thought so).

I do not consider having to be more transparent in reporting debt levels (if that's the only price the Libs had to pay) to get the Greens' support to be an unacceptable price to pay.

The Coalition today has just developed another sudden migraine - (it's too big to be just a headache) - with the bomb that's just been dropped today, the announcement that GM Holden plans to stop car production in Australia by 2016. That's going to keep Labor foaming at the mouth as they attempt to drum up outrage over Christmas.

I can't even begin to imagine the effect this news is having at a lot of breakfast tables in Geelong and Adelaide.