PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Police helicopter crashes onto Glasgow pub
Old 5th Dec 2013, 19:43
pilotmike

Received 73 Likes on 21 Posts
I fear the contents of this thread might well contribute to a significant shortage of commercial helicopter pilots in future, but not for the immediately obvious reason.

It is deeply embarrassing to witness the pompous, arrogant and highly vitriolic comments made by some of the contributors who claim to be professional pilots. Clearly some must have egos the size of a planet.

Unfortunately, many of the constructive, helpful and enlightening contributions from our more experienced members (Shy for example) are overshadowed by the crass sniping, belittling and demeaning contributions by others claiming to be ‘professional’. To watch fellow professional pilots take pot shots at their colleagues does great harm to the image of the profession. Turning this dreadful incident into a willy-waving contest is extremely distasteful.

As a fellow commercial helicopter pilot, I am very glad I don’t have to suffer being a work colleague with some of the contributors. For anybody considering becoming a commercial helicopter pilot, the thought of having to gain experience under their supervision, or worse, to have to suffer multi-crew operation with them is deeply unattractive.

The ones who are ‘mushrooming’ this aggressive and disparaging manner know who they are. I would hope that they are as disgusted with themselves as we are when re-reading what they have written. Cringeworthy. Lighten up, guys.