PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2013, 17:16
smujsmith

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Camlobe,

I have to suspect that somewhere in there is a story waiting to be told. That will set off a chain of memories with all of us, young and equally young (in Danny's case). I suspect that the main attraction of this thread is that despite its formidable title (a challenge few can claim to have achieved these days), we all have a bit of a "sand bag" to pull up, a bit of banter and a little diversion here and there. It never gets too serious and rarely strays far from the intent, if I can understand the English language, of ensuring that we all recognise what has gone before, respect it and add to it. The moderators seem to have allowed a modicum of thread deviation here, and it's amazing how even a modern event can trigger memories. So, as a mere "whippersnapper" I suggest that if you have a story, "fess up" as they say. Or Danny may be enquiring as to your reticence. I've thrown a couple of "loose bangers" in over the past couple of years, and been delighted to learn of similar experiences from nineteen canteen to breakfast. Worry not, and "publish and be damned" as they say.

Smudge