PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2013, 04:47
Keke Napep

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I also hear Bristow is to pull out of PAAN, but what does that mean? I think the aircraft all belong to Bristow and the pilots are hired through BIAGL or that new American company Bristow set up and mechanics all come from BATS (which is also Bristow). But I'm sure Chevron won't just allow Bristow to pull out. How long is it until the contracts in Warri and Escravos finish? Maybe Bristow will sell the machines to PAAN? What will then happen to the pilots and mechanics?
Bristow recently announced that it's pulling out of Alaska because it doesn't seem to fit in with their core business plan, so I guess they could view PAAN the same way as it's mostly a single engine operation and has a few fixed wing aircraft which can't make much profit.
I'm sure Caverton, Atlantic/CHC and Aero must be happy at the chance to possibly expand their business. CHC has achieved almost nothing since pulling out of its disastrous relationship with Aero, but Atlantic/Nigerdock have some very sharp people in management and it's only a matter of time before they manage to pick up something worthwhile.
There are some pretty unhappy people with Caverton but there are quite a few AW139 jobs out there at the moment. There are also quite a lot of unhappy guys with Bristow, especially in a Port Harcourt where Super Puma crews are wondering what the future holds and S76 crews are tired of constant roster changes and being told that they're over strength despite flying their butts off