PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Alan's still not happy......
View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2013, 00:24
FYSTI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Classic set up. Prime the public and govt of the day knowing full well there will be a market update showing a shocking financial update. Once again another Christmas "thank you" to 1000 staff and not one exec falling on their swords.
Disgraceful.
Bingo. Behavioural finance 101 - herding.

GEKKO You're not as smart as I thought you were, Buddy boy, Listen hard -- don't count on Graham and Dodd to make you a fortune, everybody in the market knows the theory, ever wonder why fund managers can't beat the S&P 500? 'Cause they're sheep -- and the sheep get slaughtered. I been in the business since '69. Most of these high paid MBAs from Harvard never make it. You need a system, discipline, good people, no deal junkies, no toreadores, the deal flow burns most people out by 35. Give me PSHs -- poor, smart and hungry. And no feelings. You don't win 'em all, you don't love 'em all, you keep on fighting, and if you need a friend, get a dog, it's trench warfare out there sport... (eyeing the surroundings) and in here too. I got twenty other brokers out there, analyzing Charts. I don't need another one. Talk to you sometime...