PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Police helicopter crashes onto Glasgow pub
Old 4th Dec 2013, 23:43
nomorehelosforme

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
AB

Quote:
Agaricus bisporus - how do you explain stopped engines and stopped rotors with the above scenario? If the pilot was incapacitated how could he shut down the engines?
I don't mention stopped engines. Who has? There's no evidence for that is there? Where do you get this from? Let's stick to the facts s far as we know them shall we?

There's a lot of crap about "stopped" rotors too. Complete hogwash. How the **** can rotors be "stopped" in the few seconds it takes to fall from what - guessing here - 700 to 1000ft? all but impossible. How long does it take the rotor brake to do that? Longer than the time to fall that far I'd guess. Sure. they may not have been turning all that fast but "stopped" is a very specific and definitive statement and we have no shred of evidence that this is the case.

Not turning at full speed I grant you, but there's a world of variation in between.

Why do I have to reiterate the unlikeliness of "bird strike on the fenestron" fer chrissakes? At 120 Kts it ill hardly affect anything even if such a fantastical scenario could have happened. It certainly wouldn't result in the helo coming out of the sky like a fish supper. Do some people not understand what a fenestron is or how it works? If not, avast posting please. Let's keep this thread to real rotorheads, not sim walts please.

I'm glad you've discovered no bird remains. Have you told the AAIB?
ditto "vertical descent" - clearly not the case as anyone can see. It didn't drive into the roof with no speed did it?
"shut down engines" Eh???? who said this????
Ditto "no engines" wtf do you get this nonsense from??
ditto "no rotor speed".

Please, stay away if you have no idea,,,

Hopefully this is not an AAIB preminaly report! Who deserved that rant and speculation from a very aggressive person! Show some respect whoever you are or show justification, for your rants?