PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Police helicopter crashes onto Glasgow pub
Old 4th Dec 2013, 23:29
Bladecrack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't mention stopped engines. Who has? There's no evidence for that is there? Where do you get this from? Let's stick to the facts s far as we know them shall we?
Agricus bisporus - the last line of the eye witness statement below appears to suggest no engine noise, also I don't remember reading statements from any of the people inside the bar mentioning engine noise after the crash, can anyone confirm?

Gordon Smart, editor of the Sun's Scottish edition, saw the crash from a multi-storey car park nearby.

He told Sky News: "I thought it was a plane that was going to crash. I looked up at the sky and I could see the helicopter falling, tumbling ... and then there was an eerie silence for the last part of the fall.

they may not have been turning all that fast but "stopped" is a very specific and definitive statement and we have no shred of evidence that this is the case.

Not turning at full speed I grant you, but there's a world of variation in between.
Granted - stopped was a bad choice of wording, not at full RPM I agree on.

Let's keep this thread to real rotorheads, not sim walts please.
Please, stay away if you have no idea,,,
Not sure if you are referring to me there, but as I fly the 135 for a living (do you?) and have continued to do so since last Friday I am as keen as many others to get some answers as soon as possible, and while I might not get them on here I have been reassured to an extent by some observations made by others in the last few days.