PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Here's how to get a job in Canada
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2013, 19:34
Ramjet555

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
justagigolo77
Sorry, I disagree and I'm an Australian in Canada.

I've never paid for training and I've met lots who have and training contracts, paying for training is rampant the world over.

You are about as unlikely to be "black listed' in Canada as anywhere else.

Canadian Pilots are notoriously for having got their licences in incestuous training programs that are similar to that in Australia or NZ etc.

The difference is, if you have good skills, good attitude and determination, you will land a job here and it is a relatively easy task to do IF you do your home work.

There are a tonne of operators who hire pilots without even looking at their immigration status, however, if you fall for that idea, bear in mind that any "Immigration" officer can not only demand to see your licence but WILL want to see your immigration papers.

So, its wise to understand that process, a simple process that MUST be complied with, especially if you fly into any airport AFTER flying an International flight.

I recall two occasions having such a check and once returning from the USA by car, I ended up spending a week stuck in the USA before they confirmed that my documents were ok..

That's madness for you.