PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Truss: Aviation Safety Regulation Review
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2013, 19:32
Creampuff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just re read the four pages of absolute fury written yesterday as I read Hansard. … . I can't believe 'we' are so gullible, short sighted and disinterested after being wearied by the endless hammering during election events: that we not only vote for these people, but pay them as well. …
I know it’s traumatic and the future looks bleak, but after the anger and depression will come acceptance and renewal.

Hopefully most of your colleagues will have the same epiphany, sooner rather than later. (Looks like Cactus is there….)

If most of GA realised that all governments in the last couple of decades have ‘left it to the experts’, most of GA would realise:
- who’s actually responsible for, among other problems, the Frankenstein that is the RRP, and
- more importantly, how to focus GA’s meagre electoral influence to bring about real change.

The problem is that those ‘experts’ don’t have the expertise to carry out many of the responsibilities abrogated to them.

The TASSR is merely the most recent abrogation of responsibility to another group of ‘experts’ – prompting Monday’s flurry of Laborial self-congratulation and mutual admiration recorded in Hansard.

Perhaps the next step will be a ‘Taskforce’ to ‘implement the recommendations’ of the Review? Perhaps the ‘Taskforce’ will comprise a group of ‘experts’?

Don’t peck at the feed, folks.

Those who were paying attention would have noted the government this week asked the Greens for their ‘wishlist’ in return for votes in favour of lifting the debt ceiling. Imagine if that ‘wishlist’ had included completion of actions to address the recommendations of the inquiry into aviation accident investigation. Alas, too late. This time…

The non-major party aligned Senators are the only glimmer of hope for GA. Focus your energy on lobbying them.