PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gipsy Engines
Thread: Gipsy Engines
View Single Post
Old 1st Apr 2003, 03:48
Scion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Falcon, Pobjoy et al

Hairyplane,
Thanks for your reply and it is good to hear from other nutters. To keep you posted the fus has been finished as far as the welding and x-rays are concerned but the woodwork is going at about a day a month. Other things have happened. I found a Pobjoy in a hangar in Melbourne with a logbook and contacted the erstwhile owner. He had a Klemm l25 d2 for sale so this arrived also. Next the museam at Wangaratta went "financially catcus" and they had a British Klemm Eagle. In a fit of madness that joined the birdcage. I foiund a cache of 7 Pobjoys got those but a Comper Swift came with them and at about the same time a Rapide and Foxmoth in bits. ----- Help!!!!

Things are getting better and I now have main spar extrusions for the scion from the good old USA. I now have to get the main spar rebuilt, a warren truss , and then move on to the engines. Interestingly Stan Pobjoy a distant relative is rebuilding them for me! The first to go into the swift for a trial. Paul W from Scotland visited and took lots of photos and drawings of the Swift and speculates on posting these on the web.

It could open up a great source!

Are you featured in one of the Mags with the Miles"stable"

Roy