PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair denies exploitation of Pay to fly pilots
Old 4th Dec 2013, 11:11
Skyjob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not sure which base contract you are or have been on dubaigong, but as far as I was aware no pilot on any permanent contract pays for their simulator training, but yes medical, uniform, parking,...

RYR do take a day OFF from your fixed pattern (5/4/5/4 or 6/3/6/3 subject to base) and reserve the right to use it as a working day claiming it's due to you losing out on a day of productivity when in the simulator.

So to me that looks like every year 3 days of simulator and a single day of SEP, thus 4 days of training, which the company can claim 2 day from your otherwise up to 4 days off entitlement. Many non-RYR guys would love that stability.

£1200/month average seems very little, which UK base is flying an 11 month average of ~50 hours? We rack up ~850 annually, so more like winter months £1200, summer months £2200 average, the month off is approximately £1100 as well.

£87k FY12, £92 FY11 (as operated more hours and worked more days off for a bonus), £87 FY10. This year a pay rise so to date £66k taxable gross in period 8 vs last year's £60k at same point in time. Looks good so far...

Seems to me you're in the wrong base.