PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2013, 09:37
camlobe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Phew, made it at last.

Ten minutes here, half an hour there. It has taken me around three months to finally arrive at this page. It has been the most absorbing and rewarding experience. So much of it is familiar, yet different, due to the period, the chosen route of profession in the RAF, and the times of conflict.

Lancaster, Boing 707(ish), Spitfire, C130 Hercules, Tiger Moth, VC10, DC3, gliders, Canada, Belgium, Holland, Germany, France, Sabena, Master Pilots, Eindhoven, Valley, Girl-across-the-room, GCA's, etc, etc.

From the bottom of my appreciative heart, thank you cliff memo, reg, tap happy, smuge, Fred, Danny42, and all the other contributors. It was the attitude and actions of my predecessors in Light Blue that steered me onto my chosen route when I signed up in 1978. For me it was the right choice, and as an ambassador for the service, I proudly wore the RAF uniform for the next 18 years.

But, I was only an Erk, so please accept my apologies for overstepping the mark and posting on this shrine of a thread. Danny, shall I report to the guardroom now?

Thank you all, those with us, and those at rest. I salute you all.

Camlobe