PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Proviation customer care problems
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2013, 08:54
Jonzarno

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has anyone ever visited their offices?

Fatmanmedia

I see that you're based in Scotland. Would you really travel all the way to Luton to chase a £100 or £200 order with no guarantee that you would actually achieve anything when you got there?

Although I'm not affected myself, and these thoughts have been posted by a number of people earlier in this thread, I would also suggest that the following two actions are likely to achieve better results than simply posting bad reviews on Trustpilot:

1. If you paid using a credit card (not a debit card).

You have a claim against the credit card company and should not hesitate to exercise it. I have found in the past, with other companies, that simply threatening to make a claim on the credit card company will usually shake loose a refund.

The fact is that, if enough people make claims against their credit card companies in respect of a particular trader, it won't be long before the credit card companies withdraw the facility for the trader to use their services.

As I understand it from a post earlier in this thread, this company may have already lost their PayPal account. If they really are as bad as this thread suggests, and as a result also lose the ability to conduct business using credit cards as well, that will do more to stop them than pretty much anything else.

2. Report them to Trading Standards

A single report to Trading Standards may not achieve much, but if a number of people all make similar reports about the same company, action will almost certainly be taken.

As I posted earlier in this thread, the appropriate office for this company is:

Luton Borough Council Trading Standards Service

Clemitson House
14 Upper George Street
Luton
LU1 2RP
Tel: 01582 54 72 62
Minicom: 08451 28 13 84
Email: [email protected]

That doesn't mean that posting reviews on Trustpilot or reproducing them here is a bad idea, just that IMHO the courses of action set out above are likely to have more direct and immediate results.

Also, in fairness to Proviation, if they are not behaving as alleged and are as innocent as they claim, these actions will give them a clear opportunity to demonstrate that and clear their name.