PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Alan's still not happy......
View Single Post
Old 3rd Dec 2013, 14:48
Berealgetreal

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Stalin, would you have a link (or date and page) to that quote?

Not a penny from the three owners has been given to Virgin to conduct the business transformation. The money has come from the piggy bank.

At this stage, it looks like the investment is working quite well as Alan Joyce has gone from "they aren't even a competitor" to "we will dump 2 for 1" (regardless of cost/ACCC investigating) to "we need government help immediately or we won't make it".

Indeed, it seems that not even a relaxation of the Qantas sale Act to completely level the field would fix the situation. I don't know about you but to me that rings alarm bells.

You're better off completely forgetting ideas of the government buying a share of Qantas. Its way too public, more than likely it will be a continuation of the dodgy little deals in the background that no one knows about. You know, like the comfort letters and sinking Ansett etc. Gee I wonder what else there is that we don't know about.

Very simple solution:
1. Let go of the market share and run the business like everyone else in the world does. (It's an ego thing I think).
2. Put up airfares.

And the core of the problem is this:
1. The monopoly on business class is over.
2. JB knows QF better than anyone else.
3. Out of the two CEO's which one would you pick?

Just keep going with the line in the sand I say!

P.s. If I was Emirates I wouldn't buy QF thats for sure. Why? Well they sort of have everything they need from QF without the overheads and headaches.

Last edited by Berealgetreal; 3rd Dec 2013 at 15:07.