PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Motorway Flying ...
View Single Post
Old 3rd Dec 2013, 08:24
mad_jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
She was on a TV program a few years ago, some crap about dating on the west coast of Scotland.

There was some media rubbish going on and she begged me to delete it.

I started the thread with me as a Low hour'd FI because of a lovely but rather eccentric lady who loved all things pink wanted to have a pink headset and didn't like the normal colours. She used to fly in a skirt and camel boots, and had quite attractive legs from I can remember as well.

In the end we sent a pair of normal ones off to a motorbike helmet paint shop and got them painted pink.

She was a artistic type who lived on the west coast of Scotland and joined the thread, I bowed out on getting an airline job after about 12 months. But the thread continued for years. Some people absolutely hated it and others including some very experienced aviators seemed to love it.

She actually got to fly some very tasty hardware through ppruners and all the reports I got back were that she had a nice touch on the controls and I had done a good job teaching her ex 1-14.

But to be honest I more than likely learned more from her about instructing than she did off me about flying. Even to this day the things I learned about dealing with females in the cockpit get used regular line flying and line training.

It must be getting on for 11 years ago now.

Its properly best it doesn't get reinstated. She had had a quite ruff few years with husband dying and 2 kids to bring up and learning to fly was her way of getting out of her rut. And that thread I think as well was a bit of a therapy getting her away from her west coast community which can be quite harsh for anyone that's a bit different to the locals. I don't think it would do anyone any good bringing up old history.

I believe she is happy enough these days still living in the same place. Her boys must be grown up now but I presume she is the same as she ever was. Bloody infuriating at times and slightly scatty in what I see as a nice way but some hate.