PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin recruiting soon...
View Single Post
Old 2nd Dec 2013, 18:00
777_Scotty

Sorry not very well explained. And I don't want to get into the issue too much, its water under the bridge now. Resigned completely legitimately with ME carrier. All on good terms etc.

previously worked for FR. They forced us to subcontract. Effectively with ltd companies etc. Their choice not ours. Resigned to my ,"holding company" a legitimate crowd, months notice as per the contract I had with them. Company supplying us to FR go crazy because that wasn't enough notice for them. Not my fault that they forced me to work for another company, they do it to avoid tax and NI etc. So obviously not ideal. ME carrier happy, as they've dealt with this situation many times.

Comes to references with Virgin, holding company give excellent reference. individual with other company makes contact directly with Virgin to give a negative reference. There are other reports of this.

Virgin call me with about a month to run, to give me the bad news. I've tried everything to reason with them, but the door slammed shut.

water under the bridge for me now, but I thought it was worth sharing. I know VS are a good company to work for, I wouldn't have left the ME with a command opportunity not far away, if they weren't.

That's about it. If company x forces people into ropey ltd companies or "umbrella" companies they really shouldn't cry when people comply with the rules of the company that pays their tax.