PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Licence - Carry or Not?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Dec 2013, 16:49
fireflybob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think I am right in saying that the UK is in the minority in Europe in that respect. Some countries require photo ID to be carried even if walking down the street. I guess this is why an EU licence requires it to be carried if you are exercising the privileges of it.
There is a political issue to this. Am not an expert in law but in the UK everything is legal unless there is a law that bans or restricts same. This is completely the opposite of EuroLand where every thing is illegal unless the State permits it or issues conditions.

It's interesting how the issue of carrying an EASA licence when even flying privately within one's home country has slipped in through the backdoor of the EU. If they tried to do that with driving licences in the UK I would expect a big outcry against erosion of liberties - remember all the hoohaa when ID cards were proposed in the UK?

I have no objection to laws if they are reasonable and there is some logic as to why I should obey them.

Don't worry though - I will be voting UKIP - the sooner we are out the better (pith helmet donned).