PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Alan's still not happy......
View Single Post
Old 2nd Dec 2013, 11:10
Paragraph377

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Toruk macto,
Rumour many years ago was James stopped a TV investigation into his wife's connection with a company associated with Qantas . Rumors of over inflated lease payments to Dixon and Co's companies.
And the Golden Globe goes to .......Toruk macto Spot on my friend. I can assure you that the 'rumour' you allude to has a measure of 'believable' about it. I think you would be very surprised if you knew how widespread and current that practise is among some airline CEO's, past and present, and who shall not be named. In fact some of the same CEO's have been earning around $10 million plus p/a when all the other gravy drops are included. I recall an Australian airline that has only been around for the past 13 or so years that had very senior people who claimed to earn a meagre salary (looked very lean on paper) yet they had fingers in aircraft leasing companies, uniform supply companies and other airline related service supply companies. Some executive managers may even have links to GHA service suppliers as well! Then there are airline executive management links to external Consultancies, Management training companies, engine leasing companies, GSE suppliers, accountancy firms, manpower agencies and the list goes on and on and on and on.
The uneducated and uninitiated would not believe in a million years the intracacy within the webs of income that feed directly into executives pockets, it is obscene and beyond belief. How do I know? Well you could say that for a while my job PD could have read 'Al Capones book keeper'!(the real one that is, Gangsters and all that sort of stuff). I'm not talking about illegal activities, just very smart and sophisticated ways of ensuring that indeed 'all roads lead to Rome' There is a corporate world of greed, obscene greed with vast amounts of wealth attached that the average, in fact even the above average employee, nupty on the street, investor wouldn't know about

My gut instict tells me that if all of QF's employees knew exactly, and I say exactly what the upper echelon actually pull out of the place and put into their pockets there would be rioting in the streets, public executions and complete anarchy.
People are being played for fools.