PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Toxic (TCP) Fumes
View Single Post
Old 2nd Dec 2013, 09:52
ANCPER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rh200

Would you like to tell all what those stats are you state are there. As far as I know there are no stats on air contamination.

As to it only being a problem with mechanical failure, that is incorrect. Ansett's 146s had a number of problems with contamination and the events had nothing to do with mechanical failure.

As to your statement "the aircraft industry works on affordable safety." Since when has any employer been able to state that as an excuse to not provide a safe work environment. That and this comment, "Unfortunate for the people
it does affect" sort of kills your it isn't happening belief.

I doubt any company could legally be able to provide a work environment knowing that a % of its employees will be harmed by that environment just by being present in it.

Like any company, airlines and manufacturers will do nothing until someone else provides irrefutable proof, don't expect them do anything which will cost them money in the future or provide a case for compensation in the past/present. Ain't going to happen.

BTW, I believe the 146 issue was caused (suspected) by seal issues. I understand a lot of effort was put into replacement seals.