PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Police helicopter crashes onto Glasgow pub
Old 1st Dec 2013, 23:12
Wetbulb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It goes without saying that every single one of the professional pilots on this thread will feel empathy for the crew regardless of whether they specifically state it.

I walked around Glasgow in a daze yesterday, stood on a bridge looking in the direction of the flight and tried to think where I'd have aimed for at night, when faced with an emergency at low level. I then went and had a drink, on my own, in an unfamiliar pub, to toast the victims.

As pilots, there are some scenarios we luckily never face, others we deal with only rarely and some we need to frequently refresh ourselves about. Discussion on this forum oftentimes makes us realise that someone else's approach to a particular inflight issue might be more sensible than our own instinct. So we learn and adapt.

Budgie and yme, precisely how this offends you and impacts your lives enough to post in the bullying way you did is beyond me. Be offended if you like. But don't dare to state that technical discussion amongst pilots equals lack of respect.