PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Time to say goodbye!!
View Single Post
Old 1st Dec 2013, 17:17
Woody12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Time to say goodbye!!

Hello fellowpilots,

Yes the title is saying it all. I'm throwing the towel in the ring. I give up. Mentally it is over. When i started my professionally flying career several years ago, i was always motivated and wanted to grow in this field. I was really eager to do so. I always had the idea to progress in my career and build my private life around it. Big mistake!!! After 3000h under the belt, 2500h on bizzjet, flown worldwide and looking for 2.5 years for another job, i was shocked that no one, but no one had the slightest interest in me. Ow yes you can call me naieve, no problem with that. Well, i must admit i could fly for wizz, but then again, i'm not THAT naieve, flying for peanuts. Might as well lower my trousers.. Than there was the aer lingus "inconvenience". First they called me for an interview date, then they changed their mind because they were looking for 'commercial jet experience" pilots. Helloooooooooo, what was i doing the last 6 years???? Ok, flying a bizz jet rather than an airliner. Than, no typerating no job. Investing in people is an ugly expression in aviation. And there is this protectionism where Germany and France are the champions (also other countries). If you don't speak German (or other language), . Beside this, on my current job, they are calling me every week on my off days, asking politely if i can work on my off days. When you say: "no because i have plans for today", their tone is not so friendly anymore and they force you to come. Than, we pilots are always the one to blame on. Mr CEO is always pointing his threats towards pilots, not the clerks, not the IT guys, not the ops, no no, always the pilots. Like we are the aiming point of his long riffle. And i'm not talking only about my company.
My conclusion: aviation is rotten like hell and another monkey can do my job. Now it is me to say: you to this industry. I finally found the courage to switch industry and job. Got another job which gives me a much more stabile private life and where you get treated like a person. O yes, i will miss flying the jet but not the crap around it. O yes, salary is less but quality of life will be much better.
I also would like to thank some people here who gave me advice or help. I hope you will be better. But for me: it stops.
Thank you all and good luck.