PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Police helicopter crashes onto Glasgow pub
Old 1st Dec 2013, 16:57
RGN01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Firstly, my sincere condolences to all those directly and indirectly involved in this sad incident.

I usually lurk on this forum and when these sad incidents occur I, like many who are fascinated by aviation but not lucky enough to work in it or know little more than the basics, watch the threads out of a real desire to understand more. More about how things normally work, and how they fail. I see some very interesting opinions and, yes, speculation, but this all adds to my understanding of all things aviation. Thank you to those who share knowledge freely!

What always amazes me is how these threads degenerate into slanging matches where some individuals seem unable to discuss things rationally without sneering at those whose opinions differ. If you know things then why not tell us civilly instead of mocking those that don't?

How does this behaviour honour those that have sadly lost their lives? Surely discussing things in a civil manner - even with those that don't know much - will at least help some good come from this bad situation?