PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Being set up to be sacked.
View Single Post
Old 1st Dec 2013, 11:45
Phileas Fogg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been reading JimGriff's story particularly regarding his mortgage and how he needs this job etc.

Well, from what I've read, and unless there is something more serious that Jim hasn't told us about, the most serious offence he is accused of it that he emailed some less than tasteful pictures to himself from a work computer.

Well, f*ck me, give Jim a slap on the wrist and get on with life, did he offend a customer, did he steal anything, did he punch another staff member in the face, all of which might constitute 'gross misconduct' and dismissal.

If the answer to these are "no" then he is only accused of committing "misconduct" thus a verbal or written warning, which Jim can appeal against, is appropriate and Jim returns to work.

2 months suspension for sending oneself a dodgy email or few, this scenario stinks and were I Jim then, regardless of declaring my innocence, I would also fight them that this offence does not constitute "gross misconduct".

I had a scenario a number of years back, my employers had changed ownership and it was a case of out with the old and in with the new and, eventually, I was called in to the office to me made redundant.

It was blatant what they were doing and after a couple of redundancy hearings I told them straight "What you are doing is illegal, you know it, I know it and you know that I know it".

At that point they entered in to negotions of a compromise agreement and a brown envelope being passed in my direction!

Good luck Jim