PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Police helicopter crashes onto Glasgow pub
Old 30th Nov 2013, 21:00
NorthernChappie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is it just me, or is anyone else getting fed up with the way that the local population; ie, members of the public, the Fire Brigade, Chief Police officers, MPs and anyone else given the chance, are bigging themselves up over this in that giving the impression that: a) how they all got together to overcome this disaster, and b) people elsewhere wouldn't have been able to.

Rant over, chill….

Yes - and they were ALL supposed to be at St Andrews Night Ball tonight - last one before independence vote so it was a big night for them. Friday night put an end to that for the emergency services chiefs and should have done for anyone else with a sense of decency. Apart from Salmond of course who is no doubt hooching it up having left the nippie sweetie in charge.

I'm sickened by some of the rhetoric today from politicians - all SNP regrettably and I am not particularly political by nature. I agree that exactly the same response would have happened anywhere else whether Scotland or the wider world.

Most of my PPL is done at another heli emergency base and based on the professionalism I see from those folks, I have nothing but respect and profound sadness tonight for the crew.