PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Police helicopter crashes onto Glasgow pub
Old 30th Nov 2013, 20:44
S Jones

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MightyGem "Is it just me, or is anyone else getting fed up with the way that the local population; ie, members of the public, the Fire Brigade, Chief Police officers, MPs and anyone else given the chance, are bigging themselves up over this in that giving the impression that: a) how they all got together to overcome this disaster, and b) people elsewhere wouldn't have been able to.
Rant over, chill…. "

Hasn't bothered me. TBH it's heartening to know that most people there formed a human chain to rescue others, not knowing if the rest of the roof was going to cave in on them.

What did irk me was the dumb blonde Scottish female BBC reporter who spent most of this lunchtime drivelling. She'd run out of facts and was bottom-scraping for opinions. I half expected to see the landlord's dog being interviewed next. Overkill, get off the screen dear, my TV's starting to get your fizzog burnt into it.

Those people turn it into a freakshow. People died. Give us just the facts (I gave up correcting one paper from describing the fenestron in one photo as the EC135s "wheels"), and move on. Allow people to grieve.