PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gipsy Engines
Thread: Gipsy Engines
View Single Post
Old 31st Mar 2003, 15:08
Hairyplane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gipsy

Hi Scion,

Hows the Scion progressing? A rare bird indeed.

How about starting a thread on it?

I subscribe to 'Classic Wings Down Under' hoping to see an update on this very interesting machine.

If you have the time, how about starting a thread? You may find lots of information from UK based afficianado's.

I have filled in all the gaps in my gorgeous Miles Falcon's history and have been pleasantly surprised at the depth of knowledge that still exists.

Gipsy - If you need bits, inofrmation or work, the people to speak to bar none in the UK are Vintec (Vintage Engine Technology) at Little Gransden Airfield in Bedfordshire. .

My Falcon has a Vintec-rebuilt 10/2. I can't believe that they were ever that good from new! It is a jewel.

Lovely people too.

I have seen other 'rebuilds' - often just a set of realigned paperwork and a nice thick layer of fresh paint - 'you pay's your money, you take's your choice.'

I flew behind mine over the lakes and pine forests of Sweden last year. I took great comfort that Vintec gave it the one-over the day before I left.

Please contribute to the Aviation History & Nostalgia Forum Scion - we are fascinated to hear whats going on Down Under and promise we won't swoop down there and nick yet more of your aviation heritage.

Pobjoy Niagara - my mates with a BA Swallow are struggling for Niagara bits, mainly cylinder parts.

Do you know of a cache down there? Any manuals?

A good spare engine would be a 'find' indeed.

HP.