PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - P2F Scheme
Thread: P2F Scheme
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2013, 12:32
captjns

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And there you have it folks from Lingdee... a lad who believes in unicorns and pussy willows. Could Lingdee be a recruiter for the P2Fer? His diatribe sure reads like he could be.

The lad conveniently omits facts about cadet sponsored programs many airlines offer for those who have a mere CPL/IR/ME.

That said, hard work, (not tugging at mommy's apron strings, or daddy's shirt tails to write the check) along with discipline, one can join such a program.

Paying for a type rating? Not my first choice. I prefer training bonds that airlines provide, which is fair enough. The type rating is the property of the pilot and is portable for employment where most ICAO member states accept the EASA or FAA type rating. Cost for the T/R, along with cost for initial pilot (PPL, CPL, ME, IR, etc.) training will be recouped over the years. But paying for line training? Definite no no.

P2F experience is owned by the pilot, but accepted by very few carriers.

There is no justification whatsoever to justify the P2F scheme. To all the Einsteins out there... did you ever wonder why bottom feeder airlines such as Lion Air require 500 hours on type to get hired? Think about it... its not hard to figure it out.

Now, again to the same Einsteins out there. Ever figure out why airlines such as LH, CX, KAL don't require 500 hours on type to get hired? Again think about it... its not too hard to figure out either.

Last edited by captjns; 30th Nov 2013 at 20:48.