PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL Training in Florida - an honest View
View Single Post
Old 29th Nov 2013, 22:04
AlexF388

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm currently at EFT and have been for two weeks on Sunday. Arrived having studied for a couple of months previously and have taken three exams so far, ready to take another four. Sat on the ground for a week due to the weather (even at this time of year!). My instructor, Matteo is really pushing me hard and is really going all out to help me succeed. Since Monday I have done 9.2 hours and am ready to start circuits, however the wind is out of limits to start to learn them at the moment. I have just over two weeks left (allowed a month in case of weather, not sure if that'll be enough - may have to finish off in the UK). It is really good here, staying on campus, the houses are average - don't expect any five star accommodation. Makes you want to get out and study though.
I got all my sheets etc from Walmart on the way from the airport, things are very cheap and they can be picked up for a very reasonable price. There is a law in the US that prevents them from giving out sheets.
All in all a brilliant school, hope you can glean some info from what I said and good luck with your flight training - also feel free to pm me with any other questions

Regards
Alex