PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Reports on Red Arrows and Flt Lt Cunningham's death
Old 29th Nov 2013, 19:11
NigelOnDraft

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MPDs are indeed free to access. In fact the CAA are kind enough to email them to me.

Unfortunately this one provides no engineering detail at all other then requiring compliance with Martin Baker Special information Leaflet No 704a.

Now if you happen to have a link to that leaflet it would be most helpful
The first MPD (shortly after the accident) was, as stated earlier, to ensure the scissor shackle had a degree of freedom of movement.

As hinted in the MPD, the new MPD is not much different, but adds a technical measurement e.g. a defined minimum gap, between certain components.

Clearly the MPD(s) may be entirely coincidental to the tragic events under discussion, but I somewhat suspect not

Heathrow Harry:
but the CAA notice includes:-

"In accordance with 22(1) of Air Navigation Order 2009 as amended the following action required by this Mandatory Permit Directive (MPD) is mandatory for applicable aircraft registered in the United Kingdom operating on a UK CAA Permit to Fly"

Looks like the CAA are muscling in..............
I do not see the CAA muscling in at all. PtoF aircraft are regulated by the CAA, and if MB have seen fit to issue leaflets affecting Flight Safety, then the CAA certainly should pass on that info to the appropriate operators ASAP. As a MPD does.

NoD