PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeing 747 Dreamlifter lands at wrong airport
Old 29th Nov 2013, 15:17
Desert185

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Since Asiana has been compared to Atlas so much by those looking to bash Americans (yes, true enough), my perspective is that it is much more egregious to not focus on and maintain airspeed during an approach (and especially a visual) than landing at the wrong airport. The magenta kids screwed up, and appropriate measured are warranted. Which airplane would you rather be in?

I taught the Asians for enough years to spot certain trends that easily resulted in stereotyping. I also had some great ones. There were Americans (and other nationalities) who shouldn't go near the airport other than to be SLF. Given that, I still feel more comfortable with a certain type of pilot up front. Racist or realist? Let the bashing begin. I am an American, so have at it.

Atlas provided the opportunity for some to poke the stick at the Yanks once again. Everytime I got together at a pub, or elswhere, with co-workers or newly-met "friends", the passtime of Yank-bashing by the Brits would eventually surface. Even an ex-mother-in-law couldn't resist by bashing her own Yank husband she so aggressively pursued. (Wait for it...yep there it is.) We need beating-a-dead-horse icon.

You guys are really likeable except for that. You really need to get over whatever it is that perpetuates the trend. Can't we all just get along?