PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NH90
Thread: NH90
View Single Post
Old 29th Nov 2013, 07:45
slow n low

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blakmax,

that does that mean that the ADF helicopters have gone back to the RAAF? Here is hoping! They deserve to be in an adult organisation.
Doors Off, please qualify this statement. I would be interested to hear your in depth analysis as to why the RAAF are an "adult" organisation as compared to what ? Navy and Army?

A juvenile statement on a public forum, please feel free to PM me if you like. Unlike you, I am open to to discussion and idea's on the best way way to employ ADF rotary wing assets. If there is a strong (researched) case for Army/Navy rotary wing forces to be succeeded to the RAAF then I would support it. Until then, please, keep your inflammatory comments to yourself, or if you really see the need, pm me with your thoughts. Personally I have had enough of single service rivalry rubbish which does nothing to contribute to our national military power.

No. Rotary wing aircraft still belong to the Army or Navy as the case may be. The airworthiness authority resides with RAAF in DGTA.
blakmax,

You may want to check on this, as there is Op Airworthiness and Tech Airworthiness, the two (as I understand) reside with different authorities. Please define your terms of reference before making such statements, again this does nothing to recognise the hard work of the other services in making ADF aircraft "airworthy"

Your obvious expertise in composite repair would be a great asset to the MRH 90 community, please, front up and help US get this machine into better shape so us aircrew can be continue to operate the cab in support of our ADF (whoever that may be, who knows that may even be the RAAF )

Having choppers in Ronnie RAAF was good fun, but they spent 80% of their time supporting the army.

The lads in green got a bit pooey when they rolled out their swags to spend the night in the cool of a Rockhampton bush July, while the RAAFies flew back to town and their comfy motel with hot food and cold beer.

The complaining forced the RAAF pilots, on the next exercise, to be housed in a tent on the airfield, and on future exercises, with the grunts in the field - which led to a serious accident at night killing 8 in Adelaide.

So, the end result is, the RAAF don't need no stinkin' green helicopters full of stinkin' green people.
Ascend Charlie,

Sir, this stinks of sour grapes and unsubstantiated hearsay, RAAF and AAAVN (should) try to manage crew endurance, and other issues, internally, plus authorising officers should have the maturity to veto any flights which put the crew/pax in danger after analysis of ALL the facts – including accommodation arrangements. (Its no fun, we get that, we would love to have a beer and a hot meal too) But guess what? YOU were in support of the Australian fighting man, YOU, whether you like it or not, are fighting under the same flag as the rest of the "team" mate. Please do not denigrate our soldiers the way that you have, its unbecoming.

The accident you speak of, linked solely to being housed in tents or under hootchies , is tenuous at best. Again I would be willing to read any evidence (The ASOR maybe?) as to why this accident lays at solely the feet of "the complaining force"

I am a little perplexed as to why an (presumably) ADF Officer would post such inflammatory statements on a public forum. Last time I checked we were all fighting for the same government. How about we start acting like it?