PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TCM IO 520 scam ?
View Single Post
Old 29th Nov 2013, 06:32
rutan around

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RU, as you should know, , the only way to ensure you have balanced F/A ratio's is to do each engine in its own airframe and do the work.
That's right. rub it in Jabba. I bought an Australian overhauled exchange IO-520.
Fitting GAMI injectors was discussed but as I was having new fuel components from TCM fitted and TCM nozzles came with the kit I decided they would be ok. Lending strength to this decision was the good experience I'd had with my last engine which had TCM injectors.It was very smooth.
After reading Walters post I realize I was just lucky last time.

TCM -CMI should lift their game. They put out a handbook that condones running their engines on the edge of disaster based on a CHT reading from only one cylinder and an EGT reading which is the average of three cylinders. All this when they know their temperatures are all over the place due to their failure to rectify known design faults. They treat us like mugs because they know that cylinder failure is a gradual event that normally occurs outside of warranty and if earlier it's the pilots fault anyway.
When the revolution comes CEOs from companies that overcharge and under deliver will be first up against the wall.
Cheers RA