PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TCM IO 520 scam ?
View Single Post
Old 28th Nov 2013, 22:10
rutan around

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TCM IO 520 scam ?

In recent years I have been led to believe TCM was dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st century and that their injector nozzles whilst slightly inferior to the GAMIs were at least balanced to meet the different fuel requirements of the individual cylinders.
This belief was strengthened when I noticed each nozzle was numbered 1-6 and installed in the corresponding cylinder. What I didn't notice was that part numbers after the 6 different first digits are all the same.
Shock horror. I've now discovered that all 6 nozzles have identical sized bores and all flow the same rate. No wonder I couldn't lean my new IO- 520 properly.

I've now been informed that while TCM do make balanced injectors for some IO-550s they don't bother with IO-520s
If there are still any troglodytes out there that don't believe 520's need balanced injectors I have a set of TCM injectors hardly used - cheap.

I'm now wondering how many other owners and LAMEs believed TCMs numbered injectors meant they were balanced .
Cheers RA