PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "Light Twin" fatal at Hawarden
View Single Post
Old 28th Nov 2013, 21:59
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fuji

The thread was about a very sad and tragic light twin accident with an experienced pilot at the controls!

The aircraft dived vertically into the ground here in the UK killing both occupants!

Barring some unlikely but possible catastrophic failure usually all these accidents come back to pilot error.

As I stated earlier in the thread I have now lost several friends in flying accidents 4 of which were better pilots than I am so we have to look at why or what can be learnt or improved to stop such things happening to some of us in the future.

it is easy to bury ones head in the sand and state that all in the garden is wonderful but it obviously is not!

I have over 3000 hrs in a variety of piston twins in every bit of **** you could imagine and on numerous occasions you could be talking about me but for luck or whatever I am still here ? I am not portraying myself as some sort of know it all Sky God far from it!!

Now flying Jets exclusively albeit a variety of Slowtations the single engine performance is as different as chalk and cheese and light twins are a unique breed which should have unique training in dealing with them rather than training directed at high performance machine like I fly now!

Personally I do not think a paltry 5 hours practicing climbing at blue line is adequate i STRESS THE WORD CLIMBING (many want 10 hrs to convert to a single engine Cirrus)!

With that its better I shut up

Pace

Last edited by Pace; 28th Nov 2013 at 22:36.